PSoC4 Power Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GaryLim
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked First like received 10 replies posted

I am trying to perform current measurement on the PSoC4 system power consumption. I am using CY8KIT-149 which  has a jumper that can be connected to the Ammeter after removing R53. 

The provided PSoC4 Power Mode example, contains PWM controlled LED states which does not represents the exact power consumption. In the attached project, I have removed the LED related controls to check the power differences between Sleep and Deep Sleep. I found that in active mode, the current consumption is 4.62mA. In Sleep mode the current consumption is 2.04mA. But in Deep Sleep mode, the current is 2.06mA. 

Does this power reading make sense? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @GaryLim 

The power consumption for Deep sleep mode is higher than it is expected.

You can refer to the estimated current consumption for each of the modes in the PSoC 4 Lower power mode Appnote.

You can also use the PSoC 4 Power estimator tool for more precise readings.

Could you also let me know how are you confirming if the device has actually moved to deep sleep mode?

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @GaryLim 

The power consumption for Deep sleep mode is higher than it is expected.

You can refer to the estimated current consumption for each of the modes in the PSoC 4 Lower power mode Appnote.

You can also use the PSoC 4 Power estimator tool for more precise readings.

Could you also let me know how are you confirming if the device has actually moved to deep sleep mode?

Best Regards
Ekta

GaryLim
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked First like received 10 replies posted

Hi Ekta,

Many thanks for providing the 2 helpful resources on the power consumption. I will read them up carefully. 

I check the deep sleep mode by first printing out the deepsleep registered callback status using UART. Once the callbacks status are confirmed, I turn off all the printf statements. The change of power state is also monitored using an Ammeter.

Thanks.

0 Likes