PSoC4 Capsense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
steffenkreut
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I am using Cypress CY8C4124LQI-443. Software development started several years ago. At this time there was information about the principle of operation of capsense  and description of the CSD_CONFIG register and CSD_IDACregister available. Now there is no information available in PSoC 4100 and 4200 Family: PSoC 4 Architecture Technical Reference Manual (TRM) and PSoC 4100S and PSoC 4100S Plus: PSoC 4 Architecture Technical Reference Manual (TRM)

I have to improve touch performance and would like to gather informations about to the principle of operation, in order to configure the hard

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @steffenkreut 

The CapSense registers are masked in the TRMs. You can refer to the CapSense Design Guide for tuning guidelines and touch performance improvements. 

The IDAC values can be modified by writing to the RAM value directly or by setting it in the component. It is not recommended to write the registers directly for CapSense operation. 

You can also try to increase the resolution for a better signal from the sensors. 

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @steffenkreut 

The CapSense registers are masked in the TRMs. You can refer to the CapSense Design Guide for tuning guidelines and touch performance improvements. 

The IDAC values can be modified by writing to the RAM value directly or by setting it in the component. It is not recommended to write the registers directly for CapSense operation. 

You can also try to increase the resolution for a better signal from the sensors. 

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
steffenkreut
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Hari,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it is too sketchy. How do I get in contact to a FAE?

Best regards Steffen

0 Likes