PSoC Programmer COM - SMBus I2C

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaPi_3879856
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm developing a communication between a software written in Python and a PSoC 4.

I would like to implement a I2C communication based on the SMBus protocol: in particular I need to develop in python a function that implements the Block Process Call (see SMBus).

I'm currently using PSoC Programmer COM and MiniProg3 to send/receive data from the computer to the PSoC: I'm using function  I2C_DataTransfer() to send or receive data, but I would like to implement the Block Process Call.

Is this possible?

Also, is there a function to compute the PEC (error checking)??

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Yes SMBus being a lightweight implementation of I2C should theoretically work with the PSoC as well. However, I don't believe we have tested something like this and you will probably be the first. Cannot guarantee anything at this point.

Did you try developing a script? Please do share it, if you have one, it can give us a head start on development on this regard. Will try it from our end and we can start a discussion to get this to work

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes