PSoC HID

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have my PSoC BLE,I can use HID examples to make it  as keyboard and mouse,can we do PSoC BLE  enumuarte as microphone?

If so how? do we need to change the UUID?

I can interface an external mic to the device,but i need to enumurate the device as a mic.Can we do that in PSoC 4 BLE?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Answer is yes, here is an example and project software using PRoC -

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy5672-proc-ble-remote-control-reference...

Regards, Dana.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Answer is yes, here is an example and project software using PRoC -

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy5672-proc-ble-remote-control-reference...

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dana, from my experience that only works when using the dongle for that kit. When connecting the CY5672 remote directly to a win8 PC or android 4.4 device then the audio part is not recognized, only mouse and keyboard.

As far as I know only keyboard and mouse is supported over BLE HID.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.

There is no "Audio" supported over BLE (unlike Bluetooth classic, those two are different things).

That is why, the audio data is transferred over a custom BLE service, which the dongle interprets (as it has the similar driver running) and sends it over the USB Audio interface (of PSoC 5LP).

If you want to directly interface the Remote audio to Windows, you may have to write a separate application for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Errol and roit,so you are saying that i cant use voice command and mouse control over PRoC Remote Control simultaneously?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can if you are using the Dongle.

But when using directly with Windows, you can use only those features supported by Windows. BLE-HID is one.

As there is no BLE-Audio interface, you have to write your own driver so to capture the audio data from the Remote over BLE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Janarthanan, if i'm not mistaken then it is mentioned in the CY5672 manual that if you press the mic button on the remote then mouse data stops transmitting. There is just not enough bandwidth to send mouse and voice data at the same time. There is actually not even enough bandwidth to send ONLY voice data as BLE was designed as a low bandwidth protocol. This is why the voice data is low sample rate and heavily compressed. This is probably also why there is no HID specification for audio over BLE.

But you can use the mouse when not pressing the mic button. The CY5672 dongle transmits the sound over USB to the PC when the mic button is pressed, and it sends mouse/keyboard data to the PC when the mic button is not pressed...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Roit and Errol,I got both of your points clearly..

Thanks..

0 Likes