PSoC 4200 Boot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kpolacha
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I am working with PSoC-4 and want to know what is the PSoC-4 boot time. How much time it take for executing the first line of main() upon power-up. I could not find this data from Cypress website. 

Please help.

Thanks,

Kurian Polachan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello.

No bootloader, running 48MHz, "Release" application, 2.46 milli-seconds time from power ON reset to GPIO first write.

Most of this time is spent executing the SROM code which is booting the ARM processor, initializing hardware and looking at SWD programming interface.  You can find this detailed in the CY8C4xxx Programming Specification, Section 4.3.
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CY8C4xxx_CYBLxxxx_Programming_Specifications-Programming+Spec...

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MiNe_85951
Level 7
Level 7
Distributor - TED (Japan)
50 likes received 500 replies posted 50 solutions authored

Hi,

I don't think the boot completion time is specified because the boot process depends on the components used and the number of GPIOs.

1. Power on

2. Reaching POR release voltage (0.8V to 1.5V)

3. Start BOOT processing

4. main function

5. Pin_Write (1)

Since it becomes the above flow, place the API of Pin_Write (1) at the beginning of the main function.

In other words, you can measure the approximate boot processing time by measuring the period 2 and 5.

Regards,

0 Likes
kpolacha
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Can you provide the best case (minimum) boot up time one can achieve with PSoC-4

0 Likes

Hello.

No bootloader, running 48MHz, "Release" application, 2.46 milli-seconds time from power ON reset to GPIO first write.

Most of this time is spent executing the SROM code which is booting the ARM processor, initializing hardware and looking at SWD programming interface.  You can find this detailed in the CY8C4xxx Programming Specification, Section 4.3.
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-CY8C4xxx_CYBLxxxx_Programming_Specifications-Programming+Spec...

Hope this helps.

0 Likes