Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiM_4846431
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

I am working on an application with a GSM modem interfaced to PSoC 4100S Plus through UART. I need to implement OTA firmware update over GSM interface via TCP or HTTP (depends on application). I have successfully tried UART bootloading and tested it using bootloader host application(same UART port as GSM). I am using CY8CKIT-149 (with CapSense sections broken).

The question is, how can send the same cycad file over a tcp connection or in other words, how to read the cyacd file and process it to send it over TCP -> UART -> Bootloader

Additional question - is there any way to exit bootloader after a specific time period if the data is not received, currently it seems to be in a infinite wait.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

1).The question is, how can send the same cycad file over a tcp connection or in other words, how to read the cyacd file and process it to send it over TCP -> UART -> Bootloader

>>The bootloading process happens packet by packet, you can refer to the below document page number 46.

https://www.cypress.com/file/394891/download

2).Additional question - is there any way to exit bootloader after a specific time period if the data is not received, currently it seems to be in a infinite wait.

>>There is a timeout option in the component where you can set the wait time.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

1).The question is, how can send the same cycad file over a tcp connection or in other words, how to read the cyacd file and process it to send it over TCP -> UART -> Bootloader

>>The bootloading process happens packet by packet, you can refer to the below document page number 46.

https://www.cypress.com/file/394891/download

2).Additional question - is there any way to exit bootloader after a specific time period if the data is not received, currently it seems to be in a infinite wait.

>>There is a timeout option in the component where you can set the wait time.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

1. Thanks, this is helpful.

2. The timeout option seems to work only when bootloader is entered after device reset. When I enter bootloader using Bootloadable_Load() function, the device remains in an indefinite wait (I think that is expected working). Is there any option to exit bootloader in this case. If nothing works, can we use WDT?

Regards,

Mittu

0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

Any updates on the second question?

Regards,

Mittu

0 Likes
MiM_4846431
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

Seems like there won't be any further responses once a question is marked as answered.

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi,

Is there any option to exit bootloader in this case. If nothing works, can we use WDT?

>>There is no direct option to exit the bootloader, we are checking if WDT works.

Regards

Alakananda
0 Likes