Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StefanT
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Dear community,
Working on a project based on CY8C4046LQI-T452 reached the stage where we need to think on the production automation and more specifically on the chip programming. For my great disappointment, there seems to be no options to do a CLI programming using the cheaper(KitProg3) option. From what I have read, reached to the following conclusion:

-Modus Toolbox CLI is not suitable as the make/build option is not desired
-PSoC Programmer does not support the target and is not going to
-mtb-programmer does not have CLI option

The last option left is using a J-Link.
Would appreciate you suggestions

Kind regards
ST

0 Likes
1 Solution
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @StefanT 

For CLI programming, you can utilize the ModusShell utility. Another alternative to do CLI programming is to use OpenOCD CLI to program the CY8C4046LQI-T452 target. For programming you can use the following command:

openocd.exe -s ../scripts -f interface/kitprog3.cfg -f target/psoc4.cfg -c "program d:/firmware.hex verify exit"

Please let me know if it helps. Also as you mentioned you can also program the target using J-link and J-link commander tool.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @StefanT 

For CLI programming, you can utilize the ModusShell utility. Another alternative to do CLI programming is to use OpenOCD CLI to program the CY8C4046LQI-T452 target. For programming you can use the following command:

openocd.exe -s ../scripts -f interface/kitprog3.cfg -f target/psoc4.cfg -c "program d:/firmware.hex verify exit"

Please let me know if it helps. Also as you mentioned you can also program the target using J-link and J-link commander tool.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes

Briliant, thank you Leo!
OpenOCD CLI solution is exactly what I am looking for.
Kind regards,
ST

0 Likes