PSoC 4 watchdog reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
auwi_3091191
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I am having an issue with my design where the microprocessor seems to be stuck in a loop somewhere. I plan to track down which loop is causing the issue but I've tried to use the auto-generated watchdog timer to reset the device as a quick solution. Unfortunately I have had no luck with the WDT and the documentation I have found is rather sparse on details of how to implement this functionality. Any code examples or documentation would be greatly appreciated.

The microprocessor I am using is the CYBLE-014008-00.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please refer to the 'CE224703 – PSoC 4 Watchdog Timer' code example from the PSoC Creator. This example shows how to use a watchdog timer (WDT) to initiate system reset in a PSoC 4 device.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Thanks for that code example. I'm testing the watchdog by using the following code:

while(1)

{

green LED on

}

The watchdog resets the device the first time it encounters this loop but not the next time. The green LED comes on once, gets cleared, comes on again and stays on. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

0 Likes

Hello, 

You are not seeing the status of printing wdt reset continuously in the UART terminal ? Could you please share your project for checking ?  

Thanks,

P Yugandhar. 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I am trying to use that wdt code inside of an existing project. I will include my main.c file. The wdt code is in a function called "watchdogTimeout" and some is in the existing watchdog code I have at the end of the file. The loop I am using to test the wdt is lines 98-101.

0 Likes

Hello,

I have tested  your main.c file in CE224703 – PSoC 4 Watchdog Timer code example, I didn't find any issues. I'm able to see the device is resetting continuously if WDT is not serviced. 

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes