Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Wachiraya
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received

Hi, I have to find PSoC 4 for IoT application. So I interesting in 4100 Family but I need to know some points,

1. If which part number have same package, same numbers of I/O but difference CPU clock speed and difference Flash/RAM size for example CY8C4146LQI  vs CY8C4125LQI.  Are these two part interchangeable?

2.  What point that I need to care  when I need to design to use pin compatible part in PSoC 4 family?

for addition, I'm not sure What difference between 4100 vs 4100s family?

Thank you very much. s

0 Likes
1 Solution
Andri-setyabudi
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 50 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi, 

1.If which part number have same package, same numbers of I/O but difference CPU clock speed and difference Flash/RAM size for example CY8C4146LQI  vs CY8C4125LQI.  Are these two part interchangeable?
==> Yes, CY8C4146LQI  and CY8C4125LQI are two part interchangeable. You can refer to the ordering information section of datasheet. From this comparison , there are some differences only in SCB and ADC sample rate but others are same
2. What point that I need to care  when I need to design to use pin compatible part in PSoC 4 family?
==> We need to take care about the system clock, and peripherals for example num of SCB, spec of ADC. Each PSoC 4 family has its own characteristics. 

Please refer to this for the difference between 4100 vs 4100s family

Warm regards,

Andri

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Andri-setyabudi
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 50 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi, 

1.If which part number have same package, same numbers of I/O but difference CPU clock speed and difference Flash/RAM size for example CY8C4146LQI  vs CY8C4125LQI.  Are these two part interchangeable?
==> Yes, CY8C4146LQI  and CY8C4125LQI are two part interchangeable. You can refer to the ordering information section of datasheet. From this comparison , there are some differences only in SCB and ADC sample rate but others are same
2. What point that I need to care  when I need to design to use pin compatible part in PSoC 4 family?
==> We need to take care about the system clock, and peripherals for example num of SCB, spec of ADC. Each PSoC 4 family has its own characteristics. 

Please refer to this for the difference between 4100 vs 4100s family

Warm regards,

Andri