PSoC 4 CapSense Tuner - "There was an error writing data from the device "

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MbK
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like given

Hello everyone, 

I am facing this issue with the CapSense tuner that I cannot seem to troubleshoot. 

Is there any solution for this issue.

I added screenshots  below of the configuration parameters for both the Tuner and EZI2CI added screenshots below of the configuration parameters for both the Tuner and EZI2CEZI2C_communication.pngI2C_capsensetuner.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Arpit_S
50 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @MbK ,

I'd recommend you to import existing PSoC 4100S MAX CE and see if you're able to open CapSense tuner or not? If yes, then I believe there is some issue with the EZI2C. Can you compare your code with the CE's EZI2C implementation and see if you missed something there?

Also, I'd recommend you to go through https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/PSoC-4-CapSense-Tuner-There-was-an-error-reading-data-from-... this thread.

On top of that, Please make sure you have configured the I2C lines correctly and The same SCB block is not being used anywhere else.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other issues.

Thanks!
Kind regards

Arpit Srivastav

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Arpit_S

Hi @MbK ,

Can you please confirm if there's any other instance of tuner is opened?

Also, Can you please try programming again and open tuner from the same project:
Right Click on the Project > ModusToolbox > CapSense Tuner

Thanks

Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes
MbK
Employee
Employee

Hi @Arpit_S ,

I have opened only one instance closed all other but I am getting this issue. I tried the same as explained in the comment still not able to understand why I am getting error.

thanks and regards,
MbK

0 Likes
Arpit_S

Hi @MbK ,

I'd recommend you to import existing PSoC 4100S MAX CE and see if you're able to open CapSense tuner or not? If yes, then I believe there is some issue with the EZI2C. Can you compare your code with the CE's EZI2C implementation and see if you missed something there?

Also, I'd recommend you to go through https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/PSoC-4-CapSense-Tuner-There-was-an-error-reading-data-from-... this thread.

On top of that, Please make sure you have configured the I2C lines correctly and The same SCB block is not being used anywhere else.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other issues.

Thanks!
Kind regards

Arpit Srivastav

MbK
Employee
Employee

Thank you so much!

0 Likes