PSoC 4 CapSense 5.2 Tuner Bridge Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
admic_2310931
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have recently updated a PSoC4000s CapSense project from Creator 4.0/ CapSense P4 v3.1 to Creator 4.2 / CapSense P4 v5.2.

In the process I noticed that the Creator  Tuner v5.2 "sense tuner" does not connect to my MiniProg3. I Get "Bridge Status: Disconnected"

When I press Connect, I Get: "There was an error reading data from the device"

I have triple checked the EZI2C settings vs the Tuner Com Settings and they are correct. I can use the older Creator 4.0 tuner and it connects right away.

I am a bit stumped, wondering if this is a bug?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Adam,

You're welcome. I'm glad to surf in Cypress community.

I tried on PSoC Creator 4.0 with that attached project. Tuner works.

Then opened the project by PSoC Creator 4.2, upgrade components to latest versions, program an run tuner. And it works...

Of course, I tested on CY8CKIT-145. As per my understanding, CY8C4024LQI-S412 has similar hardware IP with CY8C4045AZI-S413. It should work for CY8C4024LQI-S412 too......

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Adam,

Could you share with us your CapSense project? So that we could try to reproduce the issue and find the root cause.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

Good call rzzh, attached above.

0 Likes

Please have a try as below:

1. delete 'CapSense_RunTuner()' in main().

2. Add CapSense_RunTuner() after return CapSense_IsAnyWidgetActive();  in scanForWidgetActivation();

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

rzzh​ that did not change anything. That is a nicer place for CapSense_RunTuner() though.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi Adam,

Not sure why..Could you double-check I2C pins assignment and hardware connections?

Attached project is the project I used for test.

I used KIT-145, so changed pins assignment.

The picture is tuner running result. FYI,

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
lock attach

rzzh

I have the same kit and ran your project successfully on it, connecting with the MiniProg3.

I am pretty confident my connections are good (I have checked them so many times now) as the same project made with Creator 4.0 runs the tuner just fine, and this is on the same board that I am testing the 4.2 project on. I am just re flashing the program between Creator versions for this testing.

I am wondering if the chip I am using CY8C4024LQI-S412 is not playing nice with the newer Creator/Tuner/CapSense/EZI2C specifically. Considering the CY8C4045 on the CY8CKIT-145-40xx works correctly.

I am going to attach the creator 4.0 bundle if you want to see if anything is different...

I appreciate the time you are putting into my issue Ryan,

Thank you,

Adam

0 Likes

Hi Adam,

You're welcome. I'm glad to surf in Cypress community.

I tried on PSoC Creator 4.0 with that attached project. Tuner works.

Then opened the project by PSoC Creator 4.2, upgrade components to latest versions, program an run tuner. And it works...

Of course, I tested on CY8CKIT-145. As per my understanding, CY8C4024LQI-S412 has similar hardware IP with CY8C4045AZI-S413. It should work for CY8C4024LQI-S412 too......

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

I tried a new computer with a fresh PSoC Creator 4.2 install and no luck.

In the next few days I am going to reflow fresh PCB's with CY8C4025LQI-S412, maybe a different chip will get me somewhere.

0 Likes