PSoC 4 BLE idac

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dirk_6716
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello, I want to use the iDAC as a current source and my load resistance varies. I understand that I am not able to output more than ~2V due to the compliance voltage. However, is there a way to know when I have reached that ceiling? Do I need to check the iDAC's output voltage with an ADC, or is there a better way to know?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

From your description I am guessing that your VDDA around 2.8~3V, as the minimum compliance voltage is around 0.8V. Now it is bet to choose the DAC range and current driven according to the load. Unfortunately there is no way to detect this using a register read. ADC is the is best option to know this dynamically. If you have voltages to compare in the system, comparator is another option.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

From your description I am guessing that your VDDA around 2.8~3V, as the minimum compliance voltage is around 0.8V. Now it is bet to choose the DAC range and current driven according to the load. Unfortunately there is no way to detect this using a register read. ADC is the is best option to know this dynamically. If you have voltages to compare in the system, comparator is another option.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes