Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 likes received 50 likes received

Hi, Community,

I want to use the LIN component on CY8C4147(PSoC4100S Plus).

I have tried to implement a LIN component in my project but failed due to errors related to UDB.

Unfortunately, the PSoC4100S Plus does not have UDB. So it makes sense that these errors would occur.
However, is there any way to use LIN communication with this device?

These are errors shown in my project.

[Error#1] Pin guidance unavailable: Resource limit: Maximum number of Macrocells exceeded (max=0, needed=1).

[Error#2] Resource limit: Maximum number of Macrocells exceeded (max=0, needed=1).

NXTY_Tatebayasi_0-1712283455599.png

Best Regards,
Chihiro Tatebayashi / NEXTY

1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi 

You can refer to the following code example on Modustoolbox: https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc4-lin-slave.

The example uses PSoC™ 4100S CAPSENSE™ pioneer kit (CY8CKIT-041-41XX) with CY8CKIT-026
which is a Arduino-compatible evaluation platform for developing and evaluating CAN or LIN enabled automotive and industrial applications. This shield kit plugs into any Arduino™ base board, enabling it to be used along with all PSoC™ 4 Pioneer development kits.

This is one way in which you would be able to use this kit (device) for LIN.

The other option is to use devices that have UDB support, so that the UDB based LIN can be used with them.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi 

You can refer to the following code example on Modustoolbox: https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-psoc4-lin-slave.

The example uses PSoC™ 4100S CAPSENSE™ pioneer kit (CY8CKIT-041-41XX) with CY8CKIT-026
which is a Arduino-compatible evaluation platform for developing and evaluating CAN or LIN enabled automotive and industrial applications. This shield kit plugs into any Arduino™ base board, enabling it to be used along with all PSoC™ 4 Pioneer development kits.

This is one way in which you would be able to use this kit (device) for LIN.

The other option is to use devices that have UDB support, so that the UDB based LIN can be used with them.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 likes received 50 likes received

@Ekta_N -san,

Thank you for telling me.
What you said is that for easier implementation of LIN on PSoC series without UDB, it is recommended to use the LIN configurator from the Modus tool box instead of PSoC Creator.
I still found PSoC Creator easier to use, so I need exercise to create software with Modus tool box.... 🙂

Best Regards,
Chihiro Tatebayashi / NEXTY

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi 

It is recommended to use Modustoolbox going forward.
You can refer to the LIN API Reference guide for how to make the LIN Configuration. It also provides API Changes between PSoC Creator Component and Middleware: https://infineon.github.io/lin/html/index.html

Best Regards
Ekta