PSOC4000 - CSD Shield

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnJu_3725101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm developing a PSOC application with the CY8C4024. The application has a touch button and I have also designed a shield electrode to minimize the influence of liquids.

Just have an understanding problem with the internal wiring of the PSOC. In the analog screen of the device in PSOC creator there is shown a Shield_pad and a shield connection. What is the difference? Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

shield_pad connect to the dedicate shield pin P4[1] with shortest internal analog route length and smallest series resistance, so P4[1] is the most recommended shield pin. 

Any other pins can be used as shield pin too, they can connects to 'shield connection' terminal through AMUXB and analog switches.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

shield_pad connect to the dedicate shield pin P4[1] with shortest internal analog route length and smallest series resistance, so P4[1] is the most recommended shield pin. 

Any other pins can be used as shield pin too, they can connects to 'shield connection' terminal through AMUXB and analog switches.

0 Likes