PSOC 4 SPI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Tim_Shih
Level 5
Level 5
250 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 questions asked

Dear Receiver,

Could you please guide me "what's the meaning of [Cy_boot] ?!

Today, I when I update component and I see this Cy_boot. It has its own version.

Besides, how to know the Cy_boot version of my project ?!

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Tim,

cy_boot is short for Cypress Boot.   It is a required library that gets added to each project automatically.   

Effectively it is a low-level library of 'C', assembly and .h declarations to access the PSoC HW and control it.

For example, there are library functions:

• To control all the PSoC clocks - ECO, XTAL_32KHZ, IMO, ILO, USBClk, Watchdog, [CyLib.c]
  • To control Flash operation [CyFlash.c]
  • To control the DMA resources [CyDmac.c]
  • To control interrupt vectors [Cm3Start.c]
  • To control Power mode [CyPm.c]
  • To control GPIO pins [cypin.c]
  • and more ...

The current version your project is using listed in the column "Current Version" of the picture you included.

Normally, it is good practice to update to the later version.  The later version is usually there to address some minor issue with the previous one.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Tim,

cy_boot is short for Cypress Boot.   It is a required library that gets added to each project automatically.   

Effectively it is a low-level library of 'C', assembly and .h declarations to access the PSoC HW and control it.

For example, there are library functions:

• To control all the PSoC clocks - ECO, XTAL_32KHZ, IMO, ILO, USBClk, Watchdog, [CyLib.c]
  • To control Flash operation [CyFlash.c]
  • To control the DMA resources [CyDmac.c]
  • To control interrupt vectors [Cm3Start.c]
  • To control Power mode [CyPm.c]
  • To control GPIO pins [cypin.c]
  • and more ...

The current version your project is using listed in the column "Current Version" of the picture you included.

Normally, it is good practice to update to the later version.  The later version is usually there to address some minor issue with the previous one.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

thank you~

0 Likes