Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

meron
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to define two Bootloaders, a PRIMARY bootloader that loads/upgrades the APPLICATION and a SECONDARY bootloader that loads/upgrades the PRIMARY bootloader?

In different words, I'm looking for a way to be able to upgrade a Bootloader project in the field.
Currently, once a Bootloader project is out there, it is possible to upgrade the APPLICATION only in case the Bootloader project was not changed, which is a major problem in case the Bootloader contains bugs or more features are needed.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Meron

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alakananda_BG
Moderator 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @meron ,

Please refer to the below document under the section 'Use Cases' where you can find bootloaders and their use cases.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Component_Bootloadable_Bootloader_V1.50-Software%20Module%20D...

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes
meron
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Level 1
Thank you, but I don't understand how it solves the problem. I'm not looking for a single bootloader to load two different applications, but two bootloaders and a single application. One bootloader, the primary will load the application. Another bootloader, the secondary will be responsible of upgrading the primary bootloader.

Thanks,
Meron
0 Likes