PSOC 4 Galaxy S10 S10+ cannot reconnect to paired module after phone reboot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaMc_4722476
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

We have a PSOC4 BLE CYBLE-012011-00 module that has worked great up until the Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ Android 10 devices were released. On these specific phones we can pair with our module fine and communicate fine up until the phone is rebooted. Some customers can also just minimize the app and not be able to connect again. I have used CySmart to see what could be happening and it appears the BLE stack never responds to the Discover Services request and just disconnects. This all works great on Android 9 and lower as well as Android 11 on an S20 I have here.

We are using a Fixed stack Bootloader so unfortunately we cannot alter the Bootloader program although if the problem resides there it would still be good to know.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any solutions?

PSOC Creator 4.2

All of our 16-bit UUIDs are unique

We are using the ECO 24Mhz clock for all

We call CyBle_GappStopAdvertisement in CYBLE_EVT_GAP_DEVICE_CONNECTED

EDIT: If you force close the Android native Bluetooth app you can then connect to the modules again. This leads me to believe something in the cypress module is causing the Android BLE stack to go into a loop or crash for some unknown reason.

0 Likes
4 Replies