PRoC BLE CYBLE-222005-00 Programmed by HSSP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am implementing AN84858 in order to program some PRoC BLE Modules. The HSSP procedure relies on using a Hex File Parser Application that is tailored to each PRoC family. The app note says that it supports both PSoC 4xx7_BLE and PSoC 4xx8_BLE but for the life of me I cannot find what family this module falls into. Even finsing out which PSoC chip is used on the module is not clearly stated.

I apologize if I missed something obvious but I'd appreaciate some help finding it!

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
4 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello

We do not have support for BLE modules with HSSP, however can you try with PSoC 4xx8_BLE hex file parser application. The flash size of both are 256K, so the parsing should work.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you please elaborate on what is missing to have support for the BLE modules? Also, how did you know that PSoC 4xx8_BLE was the correct hex parser.

0 Likes
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

We have not officially tested the HSSP project in the Application Note with the Cypress BLE modules. The flash capacity of both parts are same, so parser might be able to parse the hex file. But we have to tested this. We will definitely give this feedback to the documentation team.

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what is the device difference between what the app note calls PSoC 4xxx7/8 BLE and the PRoC BLE modules? To be honest I am still rather confused at the naming of what is in the app note and what parts are available on the Cypress web site, let alone the modules and how they fit in.

So, if I designed a board with the 5LP on board which will act as the Host Programmer, I should use the A_Hssp_Programmer project in the App Note to program my board. Based on your recommendation I should use the PSoC 4xx8_BLE hex file parser application to generate the HexImage.c and HexImage.h files needed for the A_Hssp_Programmer project.

I believe that the timing values that are listed in the app note are OK to use in the project but I will probably need to verify the values which I believe are defined in this document, http://www.cypress.com/file/137281/download

0 Likes