Override factory IMO trim on PSOC 4200L

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kaltschu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked First like given

Is it possible for an application to overwrite the factory value of CY_SFLASH_USBMODE_IMO_GAIN_TRIM_REG or other registers in SFLASH, so the PSoC will reboot with the new values stored in SFLASH?

I know that the value of CY_SYS_CLK_IMO_TRIM4_REG can be modified at runtime. However, I have a situation where the PSoC could be updated by a customer to older, existing software. That is why I need to modify the trim value permanently.

Is there maybe some special mode using the MiniProg3 and PSoC Programmer, to write SFLASH registers?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Ken, 

I understand your issue but I do not think there is an alternative that we can use here. The factory settings are protected and there is no way to update them once the device is out of manufacturing.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith

Hi @kaltschu

Unfortunately, the factory calibration data that includes IMO trim settings cannot be modified. According to my understanding, the newer firmware has the IMO calibration whereas the current firmware does not have it. Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Rakshith,

For legacy compatibility reasons, the firmware uses CY_BOOT version 5.70, modified to leave CY_PWR_BG_TRIM5_REG at the default value. The last batch of PSoC chips we bought, may require that register to be set again. I was hoping that the trim settings could be modified to preserve functionality in case a customer accidentally downgrades the firmware of new products. 

It appears that CY8C4246AZI-L433 CPU version "D" from 2021 has different factory calibration than CPU version "C".

Ken

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi Ken, 

I understand your issue but I do not think there is an alternative that we can use here. The factory settings are protected and there is no way to update them once the device is out of manufacturing.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Okay thank you.

0 Likes