Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

Yashu
Level 4
25 sign-ins First solution authored 25 replies posted
Level 4

Is it possible within the Observer example project to continuously scan a single BLE advertisement channel with absolutely no time gaps missed due to any "interval" or "window" setting?

If so, will the PSoC 4 module be able to transmit the advertisement data out of its UART while simultaneously continuing to scan the single advertisement channel and receive another RF advertisement packet?

I don't care about power. I am simply looking to implement a single channel sniffer which performs GFSK demodulation and relays any received advertisements from any clients out of its UART in real time.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
Moderator 5 likes given First comment on blog 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please refer to the below KBA which will be helpful for your application.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Configuring-BLE-Central-Device-to-work-in-...

Please refer to the below thread link for application on simultaneously advertisement and scan.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/Simultaneously-advertise-and-scan-psoc4/td-p/282548

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
Yashu
Level 4
25 sign-ins First solution authored 25 replies posted
Level 4

As stated, I am looking to only observe and have no interest simultaneously advertising and scanning/observing.

Since you did not answer my question, I will have to empirically test the scanning operation using a vector signal generator and real time spectrum analyzer. I suspect the PSoC 4 modules are incapable of real-time gapless advertisement packet detection and parsing... even on a single advertising channel.

0 Likes
Yugandhar
Moderator 5 likes given First comment on blog 750 replies posted

Hello,

If you set both scan window and scan interval as same values then the device will scan continuously. Please refer to the section "GAP Settings Tab – Scan Settings" in the BLE component datasheet for more information. Make sure that the Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents() api is called continuously at least once for every scan interval.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything from your application.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes