Observer Example with Continuously Enabled Advertisement Scanning on One Channel

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Yashu
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins First solution authored 25 replies posted

Is it possible within the Observer example project to continuously scan a single BLE advertisement channel with absolutely no time gaps missed due to any "interval" or "window" setting?

If so, will the PSoC 4 module be able to transmit the advertisement data out of its UART while simultaneously continuing to scan the single advertisement channel and receive another RF advertisement packet?

I don't care about power. I am simply looking to implement a single channel sniffer which performs GFSK demodulation and relays any received advertisements from any clients out of its UART in real time.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

If you set both scan window and scan interval as same values then the device will scan continuously. Please refer to the section "GAP Settings Tab – Scan Settings" in the BLE component datasheet for more information. Make sure that the Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents() api is called continuously at least once for every scan interval.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything from your application.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello,

Please refer to the below KBA which will be helpful for your application.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Configuring-BLE-Central-Device-to-work-in-...

Please refer to the below thread link for application on simultaneously advertisement and scan.
https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/Simultaneously-advertise-and-scan-psoc4/td-p/282548

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

As stated, I am looking to only observe and have no interest simultaneously advertising and scanning/observing.

Since you did not answer my question, I will have to empirically test the scanning operation using a vector signal generator and real time spectrum analyzer. I suspect the PSoC 4 modules are incapable of real-time gapless advertisement packet detection and parsing... even on a single advertising channel.

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

If you set both scan window and scan interval as same values then the device will scan continuously. Please refer to the section "GAP Settings Tab – Scan Settings" in the BLE component datasheet for more information. Make sure that the Cy_BLE_ProcessEvents() api is called continuously at least once for every scan interval.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything from your application.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes