My preferences in PSoC Creator were deleted.. can they be found somewhere?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoWi_3984961
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

After getting told my 8051 license had run out (I thought I was using ARM in the PS0C so I ignored that), all my preferences, links to my projects, etc. were deleted.

My projects were still there, but it was if PSoC Creator had been installed clean.  I when to a lot of trouble to create my dark themed edit setup.

Is there a place I can find my old preference files?  Hate to start over just because I did not have a Keil 8051 license.  (I do now).  Is this some kind of

punishment inflicted on customers who do not register?

0 Likes
6 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Which preference files are you talking about? PSoC Creator does not delete any project files if the Keil 8051 License expires. It just doesn't allow you to compile.

Please elaborate more on the error and maybe share some screenshots to give us a better idea of your issue.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

I had set up colors, fonts fir c and header files. Those were forgotten.

I had several projects and files listed on the start page. There were none after the event.

I have recovered.

But how far can I trust the IDE?

It seems unfinished. For example, after a search, it shoes the find, not centered vertically on the window, but at the edge,

Sometimes OFF the edge.

Again, where are these options stired and why were they erased due to some license for an 8051 I don’t use?

Shoot my screen? Good idea!

0 Likes

The preference files can be found in the following path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\<creator_version>\PSoC Creator\conf".

So in your case the preference settings for C files will be in the "cylanguagedef.C.xml" file. I added some preferences and tried adding and deleting the license but the preferences aren't deleted. Did you by any chance attempt a fresh install which can explain the deletion of these preference files.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I did not, but the license-virus-gremlin-popup-crapola-gui did cause the system to ask me if I wanted to let it modify my system to which I naively acquiesced.

I thought it was trying to help me.

0 Likes

I think I know what you are talking about. When you run PSoC Creator, there will be a dialog box titled cykeillic and it asks permission to modify the system. This is actually running cykeillic.exe which will be present in the PSoC Creator installation location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\bin". This will bring up the following dialog box. It is harmless.

keil.png

As you can see, without a license you will not be able to compile any 8051 Based Projects, it will result in a lot of errors. However, about the preference settings getting deleted, I'm still not able to establish the relationship between license having anything to do with deletion of preference files.

Can you elaborate on how to reproduce the issue?

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes

Yes. Clearly I never wish to see it again; so I will not reproduce it. I have told you all I know. Perhaps others will hit it later?

0 Likes