Modus ToolBox Tools in Cloud CI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
daltonv
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello All,

I have started to test Modus Toolbox as it seems to have better CI capabilities than PSoC Creator.

Since the build system is based on make and makefiles it is indeed a lot easier to make a headless build in a CI system, however I would really like to utilize the GitHub Actions cloud runners. In order to successfully build a Modus Toolbox project on a cloud runner it seems like I would need the Modus Toolbox tools installed on the computer somehow (like discussed in this blog post One Build to Make Them All - Infineon Developer Community)

Has anyone tried automatically downloading these tools as part of the CI build process? It seems like it would be hard to do this heedlessly as I have to login with my infneon account to get the Modus ToolBox installer.  

Regards,

Dalton

0 Likes
5 Replies
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @daltonv :

It's a interesting topic.

I will check it as well and synchronize with you.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
daltonv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Qi_Colin,

Thanks for looking into this. Have you found out anything? It is very valuable for my team to leverage cloud ci executors. 

Regards,

Dalton

0 Likes
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi Dalton:

I checked the CLI tool and GUI tools, and they're installed automatically when installing the Modus Toolbox package.

I'm not sure how to utilize these tools as part of the CI build process, because I'm not familiar with the GitHub Actions cloud runners.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
daltonv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Colin,

Thanks for looking into this. 

Lets forget GitHub actions. How do I install Modus Toolbox headlessly? I need to download AND install Modus Toolbox completely via the terminal.

Regards,

Dalton

0 Likes
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

1) We don't officially provide a headless installation of ModusToolbox. The official and only download channel of ModusToolbox itself is listed below. And it requires your account for better distribution control:
https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.modustoolbox

2) The best and easiest way to integrate ModusToolbox into your CI/CD pipeline would be:

• Download the ModusToolbox zip file and unzip it to your system. You might need to download the Linux version.
  • Use the project-creator-cli tool to create a demo, as this blog suggests.
  • Modify and compile it by the user guide. Focus on the command line steps described in the user guide.
  • Deploy the procedure into your CI/CD pipeline.

Best regards

0 Likes