Max real output power on CYBLE-214015-01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
athevenot
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello everyone,

I hope I am writing to the right place, otherwise please tell me where I should ask my question.

We are using a CYBLE-214015-01 module (antenna on board) on our device and it seems we can't reach the RFO power indicated in the datasheet. I understand that the value given is the theorical value configured but we get a big difference between configured value and far field measure. For example, we set RFo to 0dBm and we measure around -8.5dBm E.I.R.P in the "best" position (the tests were done in a dedicated laboratory for CE certification purposes).

Does it sound normal for you ?

What can cause this loss according to you ?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Alexandre

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Could you please let me know on how the test was done ? whether it is conducted measurement or radiated measurement ? If it is conducted measurement, then please let me know on how the pigtail connection is prepared. If it is radiated measurement, then please send the plot data for both the polarizations. Also, please send the test setup pictures if possible, as objects in close proximity of the module can affect it's tuning.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
athevenot
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello @Yugandhar  !

Thank you very much for your reply.
I am speaking of radiated measurement.

Please find attached the raw datas. We were trying to get radiation patterns for the 3 axes, for channel 37,38,39 and in both polarizations.
I also attached the report page of the EIRP measurement for position 1 where we find the highest value (-8.68 dBm). NB : the device was set to 0dBm output power
And here is a photo of the test setup (no objects between antenna and DTU)

athevenot_0-1611920782185.png

I also read the "1942146R-RF-CE-EN300328-BLE-EZ-BLE PSoC Module-CYBLE-014008-00-V1.0" test report provided here : https://community.cypress.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/RF-Regulatory-Certifications-for-CYBLE-0140...
But I couldn't find any power value..

Thank you again,

Best regards,

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

Could you please let me know whether the module is tested alone or if it is tested with the end product.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach
Yugandhar

Hello,

Please refer to the attached Nano antenna Ground Plane report. 

Please share your board placement details.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

sorry for late reply.

Please find attached as much information as I can provide to you.
(full lab report + visual description of DUT)

As you will notice, we tested the complete device ("PTT") and also the "demi-coque" device. You will the measurements in full lab report

Is it enough for you ?

Thank you again for your help !

Best regards,

Alexandre

0 Likes