M0049: Pin guidance unavailable: Invalid connection for clock connected to "ClockBlock:dsi_out".

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiGa_4628081
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

I'm creating a new project using CY8C4125AZI-M433.  I have made a couple of clocks and attached them to the clock input of a few components (PWMs, Timers).   However, I keep receiving the above error.  I don't know what a dsi_out is, the clocks are only going to dedicated component clock inputs.   I even tried disabling a few pages to see if I just had too many PWM components, but that didn't seem to help.  When I check the resource meter it shows that I'm using 0 digital clocks, I would expect that after adding 2 clocks something would show up there.  Am I missing some setup step?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JiGa_4628081
Level 1
Level 1

I've found what is causing the error, however I do not see a way to fix it.  When playing around with the clock setup, I noticed I added the clock in question to one of the System DigSig1 clocks.  Unfortunately, there is no way to de-select (clear) a clock after it has been selected in the popup dialog (not the checkbox, that works fine).  The work around I found was to delete that clock and use a different name.  Now the clock in question doesn't exist and the error goes away.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JiGa_4628081
Level 1
Level 1

I've found what is causing the error, however I do not see a way to fix it.  When playing around with the clock setup, I noticed I added the clock in question to one of the System DigSig1 clocks.  Unfortunately, there is no way to de-select (clear) a clock after it has been selected in the popup dialog (not the checkbox, that works fine).  The work around I found was to delete that clock and use a different name.  Now the clock in question doesn't exist and the error goes away.

0 Likes