Launch Tuner

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Marcus_Hellen
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 likes given

Hello everyone!

I am using Cy8ckit-145-40xx and I could not connect Launch Tuner. I am working on example project which is CAPSENSE SLIDER WITH GESTURES. 

How can I connect to Launch Tuner? Please help me. I am adding all the files. You can find them below.

Regards,

Marcus.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Marcus_Hellen
Level 3
Level 3

Moto and Nikhil,

I solved the issue. The problem was in the CY8C5868LTI-LP039 IC. 

I relaized that Status LED (LED3) is blinking. I thought it should be "status on" with stable.  Therefore, I toggled the sw3 button. Then LED3 turned the stable on. Then, tuner worked.

THANK YOU MOTO AND NIKHIL!!!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I hope that with the following you can launch tuner...

(1) Add CapSense_RunTuner()  ; just after CapSense_ProcessAllWidgets()   ; line.

(2) After Building and Loading the program to the board, without starting debugger,

in the schematic, right-click "CapSense" then select "Lunch Tuner"

moto

ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @Marcus_Hellen,

I hope you are using CE224820 – PSoC 4 CapSense Slider with Gestures.

The code example is tuned for CY8CKIT-149 kit, so make sure that the below points are followed: 

ncbs_0-1631010118861.png

Here are the above steps in detail:

The MPN used in 145 kit is CY8C4045AZI-S413. Select the same in the Project > device selector.

ncbs_2-1631010844910.png

Change the number of slider elements from 6 to 5. To do this, double click on the CapSense component, and edit the sensing elements field.

ncbs_4-1631011306241.png

Follow the pin assignments as shown below:

ncbs_1-1631010720708.png

Build and program the CE. Then, as suggested by @MotooTanaka, right-click on the CapSense component and select "Launch Tuner".

ncbs_3-1631011076969.png

In the tuner communication setup, select Kitprog-I2C option. Make sure that the parameters set here and in EZI2C component match.

ncbs_5-1631011635973.png

Click Connect and then Start. Go to Gesture view. You should be able to observe the gesture interactions with the slider here.

Best regards,
Nikhil

Marcus_Hellen
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you Nikhil and Moto but It did not work. I dont know why. 😞

0 Likes
Marcus_Hellen
Level 3
Level 3

Moto and Nikhil,

I solved the issue. The problem was in the CY8C5868LTI-LP039 IC. 

I relaized that Status LED (LED3) is blinking. I thought it should be "status on" with stable.  Therefore, I toggled the sw3 button. Then LED3 turned the stable on. Then, tuner worked.

THANK YOU MOTO AND NIKHIL!!!!