Is there a reference to a C# program that does FOTA with PSOC 4 MCUs?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EyGe_3183606
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I wanted to create an application on the PC that does FOTA with PSOC 4 MCU.

I know that CySmart can do this but we are building an all-in-1 production tool and we need it for automation. We can't have a single person clicking everytime on the CySmart program to do FOTA.

I saw in the forums here that people had asked this in the past. But the questions I saw dated back to 2018.

I was wondering if now, near the end of 2020, Cypress has by chance provided such reference projects for PC (just as they have for Android)?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

EyGe,

I don't know if this will help but here is a link to a Cypress webpage that claims to have the CySmart source code.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-mobile-app

If you're adventurous, you can modify it to your needs.  If not, it may have commented sections to describe the FOTA protocol.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Cypress doesn't have any official tools for FOTA with complete automation. We still recommend our customers to use CySmart Android and windows tools. So we recommend you to use that software source code and develop the application according to your requirement.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi Ganesh,

Can you refer me to a document that describes the FOTA protocol?

For example, the actual bytes to be sent and received and via which characteristics etc.

Thanks

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

EyGe,

I don't know if this will help but here is a link to a Cypress webpage that claims to have the CySmart source code.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/cysmart-mobile-app

If you're adventurous, you can modify it to your needs.  If not, it may have commented sections to describe the FOTA protocol.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes