Is it possible to use BLE to transfer data with android phone if we use FixedStack bootload in out application?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MKN_4249821
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

I am new to Cypress PSoC 4 BLE device. I wanted to know whether we can use BLE to transfer data with android phone if we use fixedstack OTA bootload in our application because in the description of creating fixedstack bootload for PWMExample guide the final topdesign didn't contain the BLE component. So I got confused in that. Please someone help me on this. I hope getting a reply ASAP.

Regards,

MKN

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Yes, fixed stack bootloader architecture allows the user to share BLE services and API configured in the bootloader project BLE component to bootloadable project. There is no need to place BLE component in the bootloadable project schematic. Instead, user needs to add necessary BLE API to the OTAMandatory.h file as extern declarations and use KEEP instructions in the linker script of the bootloader project. The code example provides mk.bat that parses the *.elf file generated from the bootloader project and generate the bootloadable project custom link files with shared symbols placement. Please follow the steps elaborated in attached BLE OTA Fixed Stack code example document.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Yes, fixed stack bootloader architecture allows the user to share BLE services and API configured in the bootloader project BLE component to bootloadable project. There is no need to place BLE component in the bootloadable project schematic. Instead, user needs to add necessary BLE API to the OTAMandatory.h file as extern declarations and use KEEP instructions in the linker script of the bootloader project. The code example provides mk.bat that parses the *.elf file generated from the bootloader project and generate the bootloadable project custom link files with shared symbols placement. Please follow the steps elaborated in attached BLE OTA Fixed Stack code example document.

0 Likes

Hi GeonaM_26,

Can we send character array via bluetooth to PSoC?. I am not able to send other than Hexadecimal values. How to send characters via bluetooth?. Is there any documentation for that?. Please help me

Regards,

MKN

0 Likes

Please use ASCII keyboard to send alpha-numeric characters from CySmart android application as shown below;

Untitled.png

Scrrenshot.png

0 Likes