Interfacing of PSoC4 pioneer kit with external SPI NOR Flash memory

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rakesh_v
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 25 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi...I am trying to connect on PSoC4 pioneer kit with external SPI NOR Flash memory (S25HL512TFAMHM010) available in the break-out board of CY8CPROTO-062-4343W PSoC6 Wi-Fi BT Prototyping kit...Can I get an assistance through sample codes of PSoC4 interfacing with SPI NOR flash to accomplish this task?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @rakesh_v 

I searched internally, and currently, we do not have a PSoC 4 code example that uses SPI to interface the S25HL512TFAMHM010 device. As mentioned before you can refer to the SPI Master and Slave code examples that are mentioned in the page : Supported by PSoC Creator. These code example would help you to understand foe PSoC 4 SPI can be used.

For the SPI NOR Flash can download the low-level driver for SPI Flash from this link - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/software/device-driver-libraries/memories-for-embedde...
You can create a thread in the NOR Flash community if you need help integrating this driver in your application.

Best Regards
Ekta

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ekta_N

Hello @rakesh_v 

Could you please let me know which PSoC 4 kit are you using? Also, let me know if you are using PSoC Creator or modustoolbox?

You could find the list of all the code examples for PSoC 4 here:

Supported by PSoC Creator

Supported by Modustoolbox

I could not find one that exactly interfaces NOR Flash with PSoC 4 SPI. There are examples of how SPI can be configured and used. You can use these as reference for configuring SPI.

Best Regards
Ekta

Hii @Ekta_N ...Thank you for your reply...I am using CY8CKIT-042 PSoC4 Pioneer Kit and PSoC Creator 4.1

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi @rakesh_v 

I searched internally, and currently, we do not have a PSoC 4 code example that uses SPI to interface the S25HL512TFAMHM010 device. As mentioned before you can refer to the SPI Master and Slave code examples that are mentioned in the page : Supported by PSoC Creator. These code example would help you to understand foe PSoC 4 SPI can be used.

For the SPI NOR Flash can download the low-level driver for SPI Flash from this link - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/software/device-driver-libraries/memories-for-embedde...
You can create a thread in the NOR Flash community if you need help integrating this driver in your application.

Best Regards
Ekta