Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hello Cypress community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently working on a project involving CY8C4245-AXI and CY8C4246LTI-M445 controllers for a Touch Switch application, and I'd like to discuss the implementation of an Over-The-Air (OTA) update feature for these controllers. I believe this feature will greatly enhance the flexibility and long-term viability of my project.

I'm reaching out to the Cypress community to gather insights, best practices, and potential solutions for implementing OTA updates on the CY8C4245-AXI and CY8C4246LTI-M445 controllers. If you have experience with similar projects or have expertise in OTA update implementation, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Pankaj

1 Solution
Yugandhar
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Over-the-air (OTA) feature is possible with BLE devices only. OTA uses a wireless link to update the firmware on a target device.
Please refer to the below Application note.
AN97060_PSoC4 BLE and PRoC BLE – Over-the-Air (OTA) Device Firmware Upgrade(DFU) Guide

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello,

Over-the-air (OTA) feature is possible with BLE devices only. OTA uses a wireless link to update the firmware on a target device.
Please refer to the below Application note.
AN97060_PSoC4 BLE and PRoC BLE – Over-the-Air (OTA) Device Firmware Upgrade(DFU) Guide

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi @Yugandhar ,

I'm using ESP32 which is interfaced via UART Communication protocol with my Microcontroller for sharing the data of the touch panel to the Android application. Let me know if its possible then to Use the OTA Feature

Thanks and Regards,

Pankaj

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello, 

Could you please check with ESP forum for any OTA feature available ? With CY8C4245-AXI and CY8C4246LTI-M445 controllers, OTA feature is not possible. Please refer to the below Application note for more information.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN73854_PSoC_Introduction_to_Bootloaders-ApplicationNotes-v14...

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes