I2C PSoC4000S "Bootloader Host" with a simple MCU (Arduino etc..)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have integrated an I2C Bootloader on my Evalkit PSoC4000S (4045).
Now I am able to upload Firmware via I2C, respectively via "Bootloader Host" PC-Programm from Cypress and PSoC5 which transfers the Data via USB to I2C.

I am now looking for a Bootloader Host C-Programm/Code which is easly portable to simple MCUs  (Arduino etc.)... is there already something available?

thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

It is all there. I talked about "searching" because I didn't want to do that for you, taking all the fun for me ;-).

Look for AN84858, PDF and .zip file. See this page.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start searching from here.

that link only explain how to implement a bootloader for TARGET..... but NOTHING about a HOST Programm/Code for simple (8bit) MCUs....

0 Likes
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Pierre,

AN86526 - PSoC 4 I2C Bootloader has an associated I2C_Bootloader_Host project. This is a sample bootloader host program demonstrating PSoC4 bootloading PSoC4. It will help you to build your own bootloader host system. For more details, please refer to section: 2.3 I2C Bootloader Host.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
For more details, please refer to section: 2.3 I2C Bootloader Host.

ok. but that just show how to create a bootloader Host with Cypress PSoC... but that I think is easy, because of all the examples and functions (API).

On a simple MCU without such Software it will be much more difficult and it will take more time... so because of that I'm looking for a simple C-Code with all details.....

0 Likes

It is all there. I talked about "searching" because I didn't want to do that for you, taking all the fun for me ;-).

Look for AN84858, PDF and .zip file. See this page.

Bob

0 Likes