Announcements

Equip yourself to optimize PSoc4 MCUs for Evs at the EV Webinar. Click here to register.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 4 Forum Discussions

YKK
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have a CY8C4245AXI-483 and CY7C65211-24LTXI USB-Serial Bridge.

I have installed PSoC Creator 4.4 and other programs on my computer, but I cannnot  program the PSoC because  [Select Debug Target...] menu is always empty. I did a software update, but that did not improve it.

Do you have any suggestions for improvement?

please help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hello.

Assuming you are using KIT-049, you should read the KIT documentation.  It's all explained there as to how you download new code into KIT-049.  KIT-049 uses a Bootloader to download code.  And, the USB-UART bridge is not capable of entering Debug Mode.

For entering Debug Mode, you need either a Miniprog or a KITprog.  These will provide downloading and debugging capabilities.

Caution: if you over-write the bootloader code currently on KIT-049, you'll need Miniprog (or KITprog) to re-FLASH any subsequent loads.  This is detailed in the documentation for KIT-049.  I suggest you always configure your projects as bootloadable (unless you purchase a Miniprog or another KIT that includes a KITprog).

CY8CKIT-049-4xxx PSoC® 4 Prototyping Kit Guide (infineon.com)

Good luck with your project.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Gautami_12
50 solutions authored 25 likes received First comment on blog

Hi @YKK ,

Can you please check in the device manager of your system that this device is connected to your system?

you can also check in the PSoC programmer software that is this device connected to any other application and hence not available in debug target.

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Hello.

Assuming you are using KIT-049, you should read the KIT documentation.  It's all explained there as to how you download new code into KIT-049.  KIT-049 uses a Bootloader to download code.  And, the USB-UART bridge is not capable of entering Debug Mode.

For entering Debug Mode, you need either a Miniprog or a KITprog.  These will provide downloading and debugging capabilities.

Caution: if you over-write the bootloader code currently on KIT-049, you'll need Miniprog (or KITprog) to re-FLASH any subsequent loads.  This is detailed in the documentation for KIT-049.  I suggest you always configure your projects as bootloadable (unless you purchase a Miniprog or another KIT that includes a KITprog).

CY8CKIT-049-4xxx PSoC® 4 Prototyping Kit Guide (infineon.com)

Good luck with your project.

0 Likes