How to increase the rising edge time and falling edge time?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tony
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored First like received 5 questions asked

The UART module is configured in LIN mode. At present, the rising edge time on the LIN bus is not fast enough. The TX pin configuration of the component is as follows. Except for setting the slew rate register, what other methods can be used to speed up the rising edge time. The baud rate is 19200.

图片1.png

图片2.png

图片3.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Although I'm not very familiar with LIN bus, if I remember correct, LIN bus is a multi-drop type bus and top level image should look like

002-top.JPG

And in this case, the TX pin should be configured as "Open Drain drives Low" and pulled-up with an external resistor.

001-Tx_pin_config.JPG

And the rising ramp time should be adjusted by the value of the external pull-up resistor,

smaller resistor will make the rising time faster, larger resistor will make the rising time slower.

In case I'm missing the point, I'm sorry.

moto

(Edited) P.S. Please make sure that the maximum current of a pin will not be exceeded when choosing the resistor value.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Although I'm not very familiar with LIN bus, if I remember correct, LIN bus is a multi-drop type bus and top level image should look like

002-top.JPG

And in this case, the TX pin should be configured as "Open Drain drives Low" and pulled-up with an external resistor.

001-Tx_pin_config.JPG

And the rising ramp time should be adjusted by the value of the external pull-up resistor,

smaller resistor will make the rising time faster, larger resistor will make the rising time slower.

In case I'm missing the point, I'm sorry.

moto

(Edited) P.S. Please make sure that the maximum current of a pin will not be exceeded when choosing the resistor value.