How to get the exact capacitance value using the dev-board CY8CKIT-149.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
wangyuanfan
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Can I get the exact capacitance value through Bridge Control Panel ?

If I could, how to get it ?

If I couldn't, my understanding is that I need to rewrite the firmware using the API on PSoC Creator. is it right?

If both are possible, which is more feasible, I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Although I have not tried with the Bridge Control Panel, I tried similar measurement in my sample.

I used an API "CapSense_GetSensorCapacitance" in thf function measure_caps()  in main.c.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Code-Examples/A-CapSense-sample-using-an-Elephantech-PEDOT-electro...

Since we can get the value through API, there must be a way (or ways) to get same value through the Bridge Control Panel, but I have not learned about it. 

If you or someone know/find about it, please teach it to me, too 😉

moto

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Although I have not tried with the Bridge Control Panel, I tried similar measurement in my sample.

I used an API "CapSense_GetSensorCapacitance" in thf function measure_caps()  in main.c.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Code-Examples/A-CapSense-sample-using-an-Elephantech-PEDOT-electro...

Since we can get the value through API, there must be a way (or ways) to get same value through the Bridge Control Panel, but I have not learned about it. 

If you or someone know/find about it, please teach it to me, too 😉

moto

0 Likes

Hi, Moto.

Thank you for responding.

If I can find the way to do that, I'll let you know.

Regarding to other sources, it looks like using the API is the major way to go.