Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kurian
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I want to learn how to build and program a Custom Bootloadable Application for "KitProg3". I have CY8CKIT-149, I want to create bootload a custom project to the PSoC5-LP device.

I see a user guide for how to bootload a custom project for "Kitprog2". However, I do not find a guide for "KitProg3". 

Reference - Section 9.1 of https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-KitProg2_User_Guide-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=8ac78c8c7...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello.

WOW!, I can't believe Cypress doesn't include the elf and hex for Kitprog3 when Creator gets installed.  And yeah, it's not on my PC either.  Historically, those 2 files are always in the same folder.

So, in Kitprog3 user guide, section 2.1, it discusses Kitprog3 using some new "Firmware Loader" tool that can be used to upgrade/downgrade Kitprog3.  Links to github are working.  Section 6 gives better details about the process.

Maybe you need to downgrade from 3 to 2, if you can find Kitprog2.hex and Kitprog2.elf.

BTW, I found the Firmware Loader user guide:
Infineon-FIRMWARE_LOADER_USER_GUIDE-UserManual-v03_00-EN.pdf

Maybe someone from Infineon will provide an answer.  If after a couple of days you don't see any new replies, start a new message asking specifically for Kitprog3.elf and Kitprog3.hex files in order to Build a bootloadable project for Kitprog3 5LP.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

Just follow the instructions you found in Kitprog2 manual for building/bootloading a bootloadable project into Kitprog3's 5LP.  It's also the same instructions as found in Kitprog1 (on KIT-059, KIT-042, etc...).

Just be aware that once you change the bootloadable in Kitprog1/2/3, you can no longer program/debug the KIT-149 target PSoC.  In order to restore those functions, re-download the original Kitprog3 bootloadable.  Instructions on how to do that are given in Kitprog3 document.

I don't know why Infineon decided to delete such useful information on developing a 5LP bootloadable from Kitprog3 manual.  It's too bad they did this.

Good luck with your project.

0 Likes
Kurian
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Section 9.1 (List No. 7) requires you to load e KitProg2_Bootloader.elf and e KitProg2_Bootloader.hex file to the bootloader component.

Any idea from where I can get KitProg3_Bootloader.elf. I was able to track hex file for Kitprog3 but not the elf file.

0 Likes

Hello.

WOW!, I can't believe Cypress doesn't include the elf and hex for Kitprog3 when Creator gets installed.  And yeah, it's not on my PC either.  Historically, those 2 files are always in the same folder.

So, in Kitprog3 user guide, section 2.1, it discusses Kitprog3 using some new "Firmware Loader" tool that can be used to upgrade/downgrade Kitprog3.  Links to github are working.  Section 6 gives better details about the process.

Maybe you need to downgrade from 3 to 2, if you can find Kitprog2.hex and Kitprog2.elf.

BTW, I found the Firmware Loader user guide:
Infineon-FIRMWARE_LOADER_USER_GUIDE-UserManual-v03_00-EN.pdf

Maybe someone from Infineon will provide an answer.  If after a couple of days you don't see any new replies, start a new message asking specifically for Kitprog3.elf and Kitprog3.hex files in order to Build a bootloadable project for Kitprog3 5LP.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Sidramesh_S
250 sign-ins 100 replies posted 25 solutions authored

Hi @Kurian ,

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks @BiBi_1928986  for your responses.

As @BiBi_1928986  mentioned in the previous response,you can downgrade kitprog3 to kitprog2 using fw-loader software that comes with Modustoolbox software.

In order to open fw-loader go inside the Modustoolbox installation directory then go to the below path and click on fw-loader Batch file   :-
ModusToolbox\tools_2.4\fw-loader

Sidramesh_0-1681148771275.png
Or you can window search for fw-loader 3.3.0 comes with MTB 2.4 or fw-loader 3.4.0 comes with MTB 3.0.
Then follow the steps mentioned user guide to build an Custom Application on Kitprog2.

Thanks and regards,
Sidramesh

0 Likes