How to Capsense 5th gen's CSD PRS setting wtih Modus tool box 3.0?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 likes received 50 likes received

Hi, community

I would like to know the following about the Capsense 5th generation sense clock settings.

I found that I can enter parameters from the Capsense configurator to set the sense clock.

However, this GUI does not allow the user to select "PRS8" or "PRS12" as in the 3rd and 4th generation Capsense, and in the 5th generation Capsense, they were listed as "PRS".

NXTY_Tatebayasi_1-1673429569815.png

Q1. In this case, does the "PRS" resolution reflect the CSD Clock Signal setting from the Device Configurator?

Q2. If I set the Clock Signal setting to 16 bit Divider, should I also consider 16 bit resolution for PRS?

NXTY_Tatebayasi_0-1673429455034.png

Q3. What is the best way to set the PRS resolution at 8 or 12 bits as in Capsense 3rd and 4th generation?

Best Regards,

Chihiro Tatebayashi      

0 Likes
1 Solution
Arpit_S
50 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi -San,

There is an option in PSoC Creator CapSense Configurator as shown below:

Screenshot (17).png

For ModusToolbox, we are in internal discussion with the team and we are  looking into it. We will get back to you as soon as possible.  

Thanks!
Kind regards

Arpit Srivastav

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Arpit_S

There is an option in PSoC Creator CapSense Configurator as shown below:

Screenshot (17).png

For ModusToolbox, we are in internal discussion with the team and we are  looking into it. We will get back to you as soon as possible.  

Thanks!
Kind regards

Arpit Srivastav

NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
100 replies posted 100 likes received 50 likes received

Hi, @Arpit_S  -San

Thank you for your reply.

>For ModusToolbox, we are in internal discussion with the team and we are  looking into it.   

Is my understanding correct that this is an answer to Q3?

I look forward to your reply.

By the way, am I correct in my observations regarding the sense clock settings in the Modus tool box as shown in Q1 and Q2?

Best Regaerds,

Chihiro Tatebayashi

0 Likes
Arpit_S

We won't be able to share the details about this as it is confidential as far as CapSense IP is concerned. We would recommend you to go ahead and use available PRS options from the GUI.

Thanks!
Kind Regards

Arpit Srivastav

0 Likes