How should I think about Capsense 5th?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
50 questions asked 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi,Community

I am interested in learning about the Capsense 5th generation on the PSoC4100S Max.

Capsense 5th generation will use CDAC instead of the traditional IDAC, will this change the content of the following article?

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Considerations-for-CapSense-Sense-Clock-Pa...

In particular, I would like to know the conditions for setting the clock source to PRS described in 2. Sense clock source and the concept of average sense clock frequency (SnsClk) and modulation clock (ModClk).

Best Regards,

Chihiro Tatebayasi

0 Likes
1 Solution
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi ,

The KBA is relevant to 4th generation of CapSense. You may refer to sections 5.3.4 CSD-RM sensing method (fifth-generation) and 5.3.5 CSX-RM sensing method (Fifth-generation) of PSoC™ 4 and PSoC™ 6 MCU CAPSENSE™ design guide for manual tuning instructions. These sections give details about every parameter to be configured - description, formulae and optimal values. 

For a hands-on experience, you may begin by heading to our ModusToolbox code example: 

Regards,
Nikhil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @NXTY_Tatebayasi ,

The KBA is relevant to 4th generation of CapSense. You may refer to sections 5.3.4 CSD-RM sensing method (fifth-generation) and 5.3.5 CSX-RM sensing method (Fifth-generation) of PSoC™ 4 and PSoC™ 6 MCU CAPSENSE™ design guide for manual tuning instructions. These sections give details about every parameter to be configured - description, formulae and optimal values. 

For a hands-on experience, you may begin by heading to our ModusToolbox code example: 

Regards,
Nikhil

0 Likes
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
50 questions asked 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi, @ncbs  -San

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Chihiro Tatebayashi