How designing a VTARG on a PSoC4 board?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
50 questions asked 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi,community

Is there anything I should keep in mind when designing a write port (SWD) on a board using PSoC4 chips?

When I write a program to the evaluation board using mini Prog4, if the board itself is powered off, I control VTARG from the Psoc programmer to supply power.
Therefore, I recognize that the VTARG pin can be powered.
What is the behavior if the board is already powered on, as in the case of other manufacturers' debuggers?
Is there a so-called "detect function" ?

Please also let me know if there are any manuals that I should refer to when designing the hardware for the SDW terminal.

Best Regards,

Chihiro Tatebayashi

0 Likes
1 Solution
AikoO_51
100 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

You can connect the VTARG pin even if the target board has already been powered by a PC or something.

The VTARG pin can be used for power supply to the target board and managing voltage for Miniprog4 to the same level as the power supply from others

As your attempt, when there is just a target board without a PC connection to supply the power, then it's supplied the power through VTARG from Miniprog4.

Aiko Ohtaka
Infineon Technologies

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AikoO_51
100 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

You can connect the VTARG pin even if the target board has already been powered by a PC or something.

The VTARG pin can be used for power supply to the target board and managing voltage for Miniprog4 to the same level as the power supply from others

As your attempt, when there is just a target board without a PC connection to supply the power, then it's supplied the power through VTARG from Miniprog4.

Aiko Ohtaka
Infineon Technologies
0 Likes
NXTY_Tatebayasi
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
50 questions asked 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi, @AikoO_51  -san

Thanks to your help my problem has been solved!

Regards, 

Chihiro Tatebayashi

0 Likes