High-Z Analog drive mode w/o input buffer - GPIO configuration for PSoC4000S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EmJay
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted First reply posted

PSoC4000 has two GPIO register to set the Port-Configuration (Drive-Mode): GPIO_PRTx_PC and GPIO_PRTx_PC2.

GPIO_PRTx_PC specifies the Drive-Mode of a Pin, and GPIO_PRTx_PC2 is used to explictitly disable the input Buffer for a Pin.

In PSoC4000S TRM it is descibed, that using Drive-Mode 'Analog' in register GPIO_PRTx_PC automatically disables the input buffer.

When I checked the API Code for initializing CapSense Pins, I noticed that Drive-Mode was set to 'Analog' in PC-Register and additionally the input-buffer was disabled in Register PC2-Register.

My Question: Is there a difference in analog characteristics depending on PC2 setting for Drive-Mode-Analog?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
rahulrajsharma
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

There's no difference, but if you keep the input buffer enabled with an analog signal on the pin then the current consumption of the device will increase.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rahulrajsharma
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

There's no difference, but if you keep the input buffer enabled with an analog signal on the pin then the current consumption of the device will increase.

0 Likes
EmJay
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted First reply posted

That's what i expected, but I want to make certain.

I just wondered about the API code, where the input buffer is disabled twice.

Thank you for your reply !

0 Likes