Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ByeByeFlyGuy
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I am trying to use a MiniProg3 device with an ARM based Windows 11 host. I cannot get the device drivers to load for the miniprog. It is showing up as an unknown device.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the PSoC Programmer (3.29.1). I also tried manually updating the device driver by pointing the Device Manager at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\mprog3 but it says windows could not find drivers for your device.

Am wondering if I am out of luck on an ARM based PCor if that is a red herring. I have used this miniprog before on other PCs so I believe it is good.

0 Likes
1 Solution
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @ByeByeFlyGuy 

We regret to inform you that currently, we do not have MiniProg3 drivers for ARM based Windows machines.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
SuSh_1535366
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
10 solutions authored 10 likes given 10 likes received

Hi,

Cypress Programmer does not support MiniProg3.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/programming-testing/psoc-programming-solutions/ 

Please try installing PSoC Programmer. 

0 Likes

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I meant PSoC programmer (corrected the original post). Sorry for the confusion. 

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @ByeByeFlyGuy 

Can you please try manually updating the device driver again by pointing Device Manager at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\cypress\miniprog3\PSoCUSB.sys ?

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
ByeByeFlyGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @LeoMathews ,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, but there is no `cypress` sub-directory in C:\Windows\System32\drivers on my machine.

Cheers

Nick

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @ByeByeFlyGuy 

Can you please refer to this KBA for further troubleshooting and check if this helps?

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Where-to-Find-the-MiniProg3-Driver-File-KB...

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
ByeByeFlyGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @LeoMathews 

Yup - I have tried that KBA and Windows complained it could not find drivers there. I am definitely thinking it is something to do with the ARM version of windows not recognizing the drivers.

When I perform exactly the same installation steps on an x84_64 based windows machine, I see all the various drivers appear as installed, but none show up on the Arm based windows machine.

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @ByeByeFlyGuy 

The drivers that work on x84_64 based windows machines may not work in ARM version of windows. That is why the ARM version of windows is not recognizing the driver for MiniProg3.

You can try PPCLI commands and check if MiniProg3 is listed.

>Insert MiniProg3 into USB port.
>Open a command prompt window.
>Point to this directory: Program Files\Cypress\PSoC Programmer
>And type ppcli, it should return with the > prompt.
>Now type GetPorts and press Enter.

Please let me know if MiniProg3 is recognized after executing these steps.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
ByeByeFlyGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @LeoMathews 

That seemed to get it. ppcli found the MiniProg and it now shows up in PSoC Programmer and PSoC Creator.

Thank you

Nick

0 Likes
ByeByeFlyGuy
Level 1
Level 1

I misspoke. I was stupidly following the ppcli instructions on the x86_64 box where the MiniProg is working. 

On the ARM based machine, where it shows up as Unknown Device, GetPorts gave an empty reply
Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 5.47.55 PM.png

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @ByeByeFlyGuy 

The MiniProg3 device shows up as an unknown device in ARM based machine because of lack of proper driver files. I have asked our internal team about the availability of driver files for MiniProg3 compatible with ARM based Windows 11. I will update you as soon as I get a response from them.

Thanks and Regards
Leo

0 Likes

Thanks @LeoMathews . I'll look forward to hearing from you 

Nick

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @ByeByeFlyGuy 

We regret to inform you that currently, we do not have MiniProg3 drivers for ARM based Windows machines.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
LeoMathews

Hi @ByeByeFlyGuy ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes