Guard sensor designing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BhSa_4078721
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I am planning to design water tolerance circuit & using cypress controller CY8C4246AZI-L445 for capsense buttons....

I want to design guard sensor for the circuit....overall circuit area is 400mm x 140mm.......I want to know the track thickness for guard sensor......In some documents i got the reference of 2.5mm thick track....but is there any consideration according to circuit size????

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello BhSa_4078721

The thickness of the guard sensor must be 2 mm. It should also be one big loop that surrounds all other sensors. It is not dependent on the circuit size, therefore, you can add a 2mm thick trace around the outer edges of the PCB.

I would also recommend looking at this thread: Regarding PSoC4S sample project using guard sensor. for details on implementing the guard sensor with the latest component.

Best regards,

Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello BhSa_4078721

The thickness of the guard sensor must be 2 mm. It should also be one big loop that surrounds all other sensors. It is not dependent on the circuit size, therefore, you can add a 2mm thick trace around the outer edges of the PCB.

I would also recommend looking at this thread: Regarding PSoC4S sample project using guard sensor. for details on implementing the guard sensor with the latest component.

Best regards,

Hari

0 Likes