Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi Community, I'm currently facing a bug with my UART Bootloader that I implemented to my CY8C4246LTI-M445 controller based Touch Switch Application. I'm getting stuck into the bootloader mode and my application isn't running. As soon as I started debugging I noticed that my Bootloader application gets stuck at a Library file which is an "Assembly file". I'm attaching a screenshot for the same so that you can understand or try suggesting me to pick the issue. 

Long Short Story : I tried implementing the UART Bootloader on CYKIT-042 based Dev Board and got success in it. Soon I started porting the latest changes made in Dev Board to my Touch Switch Application. Now the issue started rising again and I was getting stuck into the bootloader mode. But after somedays when I started again working on the bootloader project The code seems working fine(I mean it gets into the Bootloader mode and performs some action and then gets back to the Touch Switch Application.

So I copied the working project based on touch switch and started working on it, but again I faced the same issue of getting stuck into bootloader even though I've setup up the Waiting timeout to 1.5 Seconds.

0 Likes
1 Solution
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I've solved the issue by checking "fast bootloadable application vaalidation" and the issue of getting stuck at bootloader is resolved. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

FYI... I can't open the screen shots.  Something is wrong with the files.

Does the project get stuck in Bootloader right from power-up reset?

Or, does project get stuck in Bootloader when Bootloader is invoked from Bootloadable?

In the past, I had the problem of being stuck in Bootloader when invoked from Bootloadable.  I solved this by calling CySoftwareReset() from Bootloadable.  This way, your Wait for Command time out of 1.5 seconds will work.  If I called  Bootloadable_Load(), then I get stuck in Bootloader regardless of any time out setting.

Another possibility is if you did not point the Bootloadable component to the correct Bootloader hex file (component Dependencies).  But I think you would have seen error messages regarding this during the build.  So, not a likely scenario.

BTW, there are issues when trying to use Kitprog tool to debug when you have a Bootloader.  This is spelled out in App Note AN73854.  Maybe you already know this.

0 Likes
Rohan_M
50 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @loop_y0u ,

Is it also possible for you to share your project?

Regards,

Rohan

0 Likes
loop_y0u
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I've solved the issue by checking "fast bootloadable application vaalidation" and the issue of getting stuck at bootloader is resolved. Thank you.

0 Likes
Rohan_M
50 solutions authored 25 likes received 250 sign-ins

Hi @loop_y0u ,

As per the solution you posted, after enabling the "Fast bootloadable application validation", the issue is resolved. However by enabling this option, bootloader will verify checksum only 1st time and not everytime while you're jumping to bootloadable application. And hence, if bootloadable application is corrupted after sometime then also it will run the bootloadble application without verifying the checksum.

I would suggest to check if the bootloadable application is performing all the functionality or not as per the requirements before concluding the issue.

Regards,

Rohan

0 Likes