Getting older versions of comonents back for PSoC Creator V4.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rjl
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

I've got some older projects that I just pulled up and it's telling me it can't find some older versions of components.  I'd like to get those back so that I can see what settings and whatnot got used.  How do I get Creator to give me back all the old versions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
9 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Are there any specific components which you need? It is usually safe to update components to the latest ones (click on the orange shield icon in the bottom right status bar). Make sure to backup the old project, as after the upgrade in Creator 4.4 it wont be compatible back with 4.0.

The changes in components are usually small, not sure ot is worth the time inspecting them.

The simple method of temporary downgrading the component version would be to rename its folder in the components folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.4\PSoC Creator\psoc\content\CyComponentLibrary\CyComponentLibrary.cylib\Timer_v2_80

Like \Timer_v2.80 to \~Timer_v2.80

0 Likes
rjl
Level 1
Level 1

maybe this is old enough that it's a previous version which is something of a problem then.  I'm looking for V1.20 of a component "Bootloadable" and some other like V1.20 of SCB_P4, V1.10 of ADC_SAR_SEQ_P4, V2.50 of Timer, and V1.0 of IDAC_P4

It's possible this is plenty old project (looks to be 2014 or so) but that's the nature of our projects; they last 20 years or more...

Haven't had this problem on Cypress stuff before, but then again, apparently this isn't keeping the components is a spot where I can push them into my repo for posterity (hint for tools dev people: don't assume projects die quickly).

So, these ones are old enough apparently that I *can't* update them because it has no idea how to set up the new one so unless I can get those specific ones back, I have a lost design.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

I would suggest to install older version of Creator (v1, v2) and open the project there. Honestly, there isn't much in Creator 4.4 for older PSoCs and is is likely the end of it, so I keep my main tool as Creator v4.0 - the last version, which is compatible with previous designs. 

0 Likes
rjl
Level 1
Level 1

so $.0 will open and keep some of these same older 3.0 components?  Can you look on your system and see if you have that versions that I've mentioned (pick one) on your 4.0... Looks like I need to keep at least 2 versions on my machine here (I've got projects in 4.4 I'm pretty sure) so if I can get away with only 2 versions, that'd be good.

0 Likes
rjl
Level 1
Level 1

In fact, this *might* be a Creator 3.0 project..   so mayhep I have to find that thing again and install it again.  Nuts.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

Creator Archive:

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive

if it was v3+, most likely it will work in v4.2. 

0 Likes
rjl
Level 1
Level 1

thanx

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9

I checked my Creator 4.0 and it doesn't contain any of the older components you mentioned. To downgrade the version of the component it should be sufficient to rename or delete newer versions from that folder ...\CyComponentLibrary.cylib\ 

Of course, the Creator has to be sufficiently old to contain it

0 Likes
rjl
Level 1
Level 1

so it looks like what I'll have to do is to re-install like V3.3 so I can get the projects pulled back up enough to see what the parameters around those blocks were put in with and then reopen with 4.4, replace those blocks with more modern ones and use the parameters I discovered in the originals to set the new ones back up.  That or just continue using V3.3 on these projects.

This is less the ideal but at least doable.

0 Likes