Gerber verification

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
saurabh
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Pls find the attach Gerber  and schematic file for review 

give your valuable review 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @saurabh 

After the review, I have the following comments - 

1. It is recommended to place the series resistors for the CapSense lines close to the IC - within 10 mm from the MCU's pin. Currently, they are placed very far away close to the sensor. 

2. In the design that is shared, I do not see the sensors themself. Is the sensor going to be added later? I see the space provided for the sensor but not the copper pour. 

3. Can you re-route the scb1_uart_tx and rx to some other pin? Since CMOD is present on Port 4.2, it would be better not to add any digital sources in the same port as it might lead to random noise in the CapSense sensing. 

4. The decoupling capacitors for the power supply pins (VDDD and VDDA) must also be placed close to the IC. 

5. I see a connection between VDDD and VCCD via R67. The VCCD pin must only receive 1.8V, and the current supply seems to be 3.3V. Do not populate R67 in case the supply is 3.3V as it will lead to damaging the device.

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @saurabh 

The attached schematic file looks good. I have one suggestion for the power supply, for the VCCD pins it is recommended to use a 1 uF Capacitor in case of unregulated power supply. In case of a regulated power supply, it is recommended to use a 1uF capacitor in parallel with a 0.1uF capacitor for the VCCD pin.

Refer to the PSoC 4 Hardware Design Consideration Guide, power section for more details on the same.

Ekta_1-1640430290142.pngEkta_2-1640430304153.png

PSoC 4 Capense Design Guide also provides a checklist for the Schematic and layout. Kindly use it to verify your schematic and layout.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
saurabh
Level 3
Level 3

hello mam 

I have already  Referred this  PSoC_4_and_PSoC_6_MCU_CapSense_Design_Guide while Designing the Capsense PCB Layout

and I kindly request did you find any issue in Gerber or do I need to change in  PCB layout  kindly request to to expertise this.

0 Likes
saurabh
Level 3
Level 3

Mam Pls Update Regarding Previous message

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @saurabh 

After the review, I have the following comments - 

1. It is recommended to place the series resistors for the CapSense lines close to the IC - within 10 mm from the MCU's pin. Currently, they are placed very far away close to the sensor. 

2. In the design that is shared, I do not see the sensors themself. Is the sensor going to be added later? I see the space provided for the sensor but not the copper pour. 

3. Can you re-route the scb1_uart_tx and rx to some other pin? Since CMOD is present on Port 4.2, it would be better not to add any digital sources in the same port as it might lead to random noise in the CapSense sensing. 

4. The decoupling capacitors for the power supply pins (VDDD and VDDA) must also be placed close to the IC. 

5. I see a connection between VDDD and VCCD via R67. The VCCD pin must only receive 1.8V, and the current supply seems to be 3.3V. Do not populate R67 in case the supply is 3.3V as it will lead to damaging the device.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
lock attach
saurabh
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Hari 

According to your review sensor pads are not visible in last file. I have add sensor pads. is it ok now ?  Pls check and give your valuable review. new file attached

thank you 

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @saurabh 

Can you please attach the gerbers of the design or in .brd format so that we can review the design?

Best regards,

Hari

0 Likes
lock attach
saurabh
Level 3
Level 3

hello Hari 

As per your suggestion. I have attached Gerber file here  Pls check and give your valuable Review  

0 Likes