Flashable Bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
alal_4838031
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I would like to create a bootloader bootloadable combination that I could flash without the PSoC programmer, so I want to be able to flash the bootloader and the bootloadable without the programmer. Is the Combination Project my best bet? Can I do a combinations project where the bootloadables  are not splitting the memory? Or is there a different way to do this like the In-Application Bootloader?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

For your requirement, a Launcher with two Combinational projects is the best idea.

I am attaching the example project of the same for your reference.

By default, both the Combinational projects share equal space. To modify the spaces you need to change the linker script of the Launcher.

Thanks 

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41

Hi,

Please note that Cypress PSoC doesn't come with preprogrammed bootloader. So it is required to program the PSoC atleast once with the Bootloader project. 

The advantage with combination project is you can program App0 from App1 and App1 from App0. Are you looking for two applications those can program each other?

Can you please give more information about your requirement?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

So I have a bootloader bootloadable project, I can update the bootloadable remotely through the bootloader,  I can only give the psoc chip  a new bootloader if I use the psoc programmer, but I would like to be able to update the bootloader remotely.

Using two applications that update each other (combination project) would help me reach my goal. But is there a way to use two applications without splitting the memory between them? like for example the first application would have most of the memory and the second application has a small chunk of memory.

Or is there a better way than the combination project to achieve my goal? 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41

Hi,

For your requirement, a Launcher with two Combinational projects is the best idea.

I am attaching the example project of the same for your reference.

By default, both the Combinational projects share equal space. To modify the spaces you need to change the linker script of the Launcher.

Thanks 

Ganesh

0 Likes