External RF power amplifier

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnMc_1230246
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an external RF power amplifier SKY66111-11 which uses two control lines CTX and CRX to switch from TX to RX,

I have seen some code which is confusing me see below.

I am using P2-7 for the CTX and P2-6 for the CRX

To transmit CTX = 1 and CRX = 0;

To receive CTX = 0 and CRX = 1;

To standby CTX = 0 and CRX = 0;

The queastion is how do I control the SKY66111-11 from the link layer?  

#if                       

TX_RX_GPIO_ENABLE

*(uint32*)(CYREG_RADIO_TX_RX_MUX_REGISTER)&= ~RADIO_TX_RX_MUX_MASK;   /* Clear Previous mux selection */

*(uint32*)(CYREG_RADIO_TX_RX_MUX_REGISTER) |=  BLESS_MUX_INPUT_MASK;  /* Set BLESS as the source of the mux */

*(uint32*)(CYREG_BLE_BLESS_RF_CONFIG) |= RADIO_TX_RX_SEL; /* Select Tx enable & Rx enable signals from BLESS as input to mux */

#endif /* End of #if TX_RX_GPIO_ENABLE */

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Could you please share the datasheet of your external power amplifier SKY66111-1 ?

Please share about your application in more detail as in what are the steps you are doing for the application. Please elaborate more on what do you mean by controlling from link layer? Do you mean what events you have to look for your application?

What is the BLE device you are using for your application.

Are you following any application and facing issues with it?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Please refer CYBLE-224110-00 Module datasheet which integrates external PA/LNA. Please refer schematic page (#14 ) for pin connections and page #16 for the code which needs for enabling  the PA/LNA.

http://www.cypress.com/file/230681/download

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes