Em_EEPROM_Start undefined reference and 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1' errors

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
adamelli2
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First solution authored 5 sign-ins

In the main.c file from an old program I did now write the first build error is undefined reference to 'Em_EEPROM_Start'

Is there some way to find the library associated with this or just what to change it to?

For the second error (related post), I also do not know where to look for finding the duplicate declaration. What header file do I look in?

Both are M0120 errors.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

See this web info:
Usage of Deprecated Components in PSoC Creator Des... - Infineon Developer Community

If you decide to update the component to latest version, you'll need to go through ALL the code to change ALL Em_EEPROM() function calls.  HINT: The older version 1.10 and earlier (from Creator 3.3 and earlier) is far easier to use.

FYI...
Em_EEPROM_Start() has been replaced with Em_EEPROM_Init().  But, it's not a direct substitution.  The new Em_EEPROM() versions carry lots of extra baggage.

So, depending on the reason for updating the old project, you'll need to decide to use the new or keep the old Em_EEPROM component.

To get rid of duplicate declarations, I usually just archive the project, minimal bundle, and then open the archive.  Archiving seems to do some house keeping to get rid of crazy nonsense.  Your mileage may vary.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

See this web info:
Usage of Deprecated Components in PSoC Creator Des... - Infineon Developer Community

If you decide to update the component to latest version, you'll need to go through ALL the code to change ALL Em_EEPROM() function calls.  HINT: The older version 1.10 and earlier (from Creator 3.3 and earlier) is far easier to use.

FYI...
Em_EEPROM_Start() has been replaced with Em_EEPROM_Init().  But, it's not a direct substitution.  The new Em_EEPROM() versions carry lots of extra baggage.

So, depending on the reason for updating the old project, you'll need to decide to use the new or keep the old Em_EEPROM component.

To get rid of duplicate declarations, I usually just archive the project, minimal bundle, and then open the archive.  Archiving seems to do some house keeping to get rid of crazy nonsense.  Your mileage may vary.