ERROR: address 0x82e2 of .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_484\Debug\Reload Pro.elf section `.text' is not within region `rom' ERROR: .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_484\Debug\Reload Pro.elf section `.eh_frame' will not fit in region `rom' ERROR: address 0x82e2 of .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xizh_4717011
Level 1
Level 1

ERROR: address 0x82e2 of .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_484\Debug\Reload Pro.elf section `.text' is not within region `rom'

ERROR: .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_484\Debug\Reload Pro.elf section `.eh_frame' will not fit in region `rom'

ERROR: address 0x82e2 of .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_484\Debug\Reload Pro.elf section `.text' is not within region `rom'

ERROR: section .cyloadablemeta loaded at [00007fc0,00007fff] overlaps section .text loaded at [00001b80,000082e1]

ERROR: region `rom' overflowed by 0 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

The command 'arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe' failed with exit code '1'.

pastedImage_0.png

I have tried to refer to other cases in the community but still could not solve it. Attached please find a file for help. Best regards.

thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

So from your project, I could see that your target device was CY8C4245PVI-382,

which is a 23-SSOP 32KB device.

To support your project 48KB may not be sufficient, so I would suggest to go with at least 64KB flash device.

Now to show you how to find a suitable device, please do the following steps.

(1) Go the PSoC X page, in this case PSoC 4.

From there select menu "Product Selector Guide"

000-PSoC4_Product_selector_menu.JPG

(2) Then to select/organize the device selection criteria, select "Show/Hide Parameters"

002-Show_Hide_parameters.JPG

(3) Then "Show/Hide Parameters" dialog will appear.

Since "Package" is in the "Hide" group as default.

Find "Package" in the "Hide" list.

003-select-package-option.JPG

(4) Drag "Package" to the "Show" and drop it (higher part will be good.)

004-package-option-drugged.JPG

(5) Although Flash size is in the Show list, it is placed rather in the lower position,

so I dragged it to higher position to make it easy to see both Package and Flash.

005-flash-drugged.JPG

(6) Then I chose SSOP for the package. The the range for Flash was from 16KB to 32KB,

which is not enough for your current project.

006-SSOP-32KB.JPG

(7) Then I unchecked the package, and changed the minimum requirement of Flash to 64KB.

Now you can choose a device from 171 candidates, but unfortunately there is no SSOP package available.

So please decide the most preferable package for your application and proceed.

007-64KB_ge.JPG

moto

View solution in original post

10 Replies