Dynamically change advertising type

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User84021
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

Hello,

I am trying to develop a PSoC 4 BLE application where I will be dynamically changing the advertising type between connectable and unconnectable advertising.

Is there an API to achieve this functionality? Also, can I just call that API to change the advertising type between advertising events? Or do I need to restart the BLE stack for that change to take affect?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

We do not have an API to update the advertisement type parameter. User can stop advertisement, update advType and re-start advertisement for this purpose.

• You can stop the advertisement using CyBle_GappStopAdvertisement() API. This will exit from the discovery mode.
  • Exiting the discovery mode will generate CYBLE_EVT_GAPP_ADVERTISEMENT_START_STOP event. Use a flag to confirm whether this event is generated after the CyBle_GappStopAdvertisement() call.
  • If yes, update the advType and enter discovery mode using CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode(&cyBle_discoveryModeInfo). You can also use CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(parameter) to restart advertisement.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

We do not have an API to update the advertisement type parameter. User can stop advertisement, update advType and re-start advertisement for this purpose.

• You can stop the advertisement using CyBle_GappStopAdvertisement() API. This will exit from the discovery mode.
  • Exiting the discovery mode will generate CYBLE_EVT_GAPP_ADVERTISEMENT_START_STOP event. Use a flag to confirm whether this event is generated after the CyBle_GappStopAdvertisement() call.
  • If yes, update the advType and enter discovery mode using CyBle_GappEnterDiscoveryMode(&cyBle_discoveryModeInfo). You can also use CyBle_GappStartAdvertisement(parameter) to restart advertisement.
0 Likes