Does using user SFlash affect Trim settings?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Lin_Qiang
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given First like given 50 replies posted

I'd like to use the user SFlash of PSoC 4100S series chips, but I'm not sure if the Trim setting is here too.
Because I see below from "PSoC 4100S - 4100S Plus Architecture TRM.pdf".

Li_Qiang_0-1646123406481.png

Is the SFlash here different from the user SFlash? The starting address of SFlash is 0x0FFFF000, and the starting address of user SFlash is 0x0FFFF200?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi @Lin_Qiang ,

Q)I want to know if SFlash has saved some valid data (Trim setting), and will it affect these data when I use SFlash.

>>You can go and write anything you require in the user SFlash and it will not erase any trim settings which you have done in the SFlash.

Regards,

Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Alakananda_BG

Hi @Lin_Qiang ,

PSoC 4 implements a User Supervisory Flash (SFlash), which can be used to store application-specific information.
These rows are not part of the hex file; their programming is optional.

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes
Lin_Qiang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alakananda,

Thank you for your reply.
Although I understand the purpose of SFlash, I want to know if SFlash has saved some valid data (Trim setting), and will it affect these data when I use SFlash.
Or that these valid data (Trim settings) are stored in SFlash, but the area of user SFlash does not contain them.

BestRegards

0 Likes
Alakananda_BG

Hi @Lin_Qiang ,

Q)I want to know if SFlash has saved some valid data (Trim setting), and will it affect these data when I use SFlash.

>>You can go and write anything you require in the user SFlash and it will not erase any trim settings which you have done in the SFlash.

Regards,

Alakananda
0 Likes
Lin_Qiang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Alakananda,

Got it, thanks again for your reply.

BestRegards

0 Likes